All the wastewater from toilets, sinks, showers, and other drains in a home travels through the main sewer line out to the municipal sewer system or a private septic system. Any damage to this main sewer line can cause the drains in your home to run slow, clog, or even back-up into the interior, leaving a dirty, unsanitary mess. If you suspect you have a leaking or cracked sewer pipe, it is important to call a professional for repairs as soon as possible.
When you need fast, professional sewer repairs in the Fort Collins area, trust our team at Lighten Up Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric. Our expert plumbers can help with all your drain and sewer needs, and we have the latest equipment to find and repair the problem quickly, such as pipe inspection cameras, power augers, and trenchless sewer repair systems. We serve homeowners throughout Fort Collins and Northern Colorado, providing quality plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical services.
Are you having a problem with your sewer line? Contact us online for sewer repairs in Fort Collins!
Sewer Repair Services in Fort Collins
If we determine that you have a leaking or cracked sewer pipe, our team can offer three primary sewer repair options, depending on the location, severity, and nature of the damage:
- Auguring – If your sewer line problems are due to tree root growth or minor damage, periodic pipe auguring or hydro-jetting may be the best solution, at least for the short term.
- Pipe replacement – Our team will use a combination of heavy equipment and hand tools to physically dig up the broken sewer pipes and replace either a small section or the entire pipe.
- Trenchless sewer repair – In some cases, it may be possible to install an epoxy liner in your existing pipe, using minimal excavation for less damage to your yard.
Our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction guarantee, and we will help you choose the most cost-effective sewer repairs for your budget.
For more information about our sewer repair services in Northern Colorado, contact us today!
What Are the Signs of a Broken Sewer Pipe?
When it comes to sewer pipe damage the best thing to do is to call a professional as soon as possible. Left alone the issue will only worsen, as will the risks of the pipe damage causing other issues that may require plumbing repair—potentially even an eventual sewer line replacement.
Luckily, there are some clear signs to watch for, including:
- Multiple slow-moving drains. A single slow drain usually means a single clog, but in the case of all of your drains experiencing an issue, the problem will trace to your sewer main. It’s possible that this could be fixed with a simple sewer drain cleaning if caught early enough!
- A foul odor from drains. In a properly working plumbing system, you should never encounter sewer odors, so if you do notice them, there’s a good chance something has gone quite wrong.
- Puddles of gross water in the yard. If your sewer pipe is cracked or broken it will allow wastewater to seep out, which will naturally rise to the surface.
- Sudden insect infestations. A sudden influx of cockroaches or flies is often an indicator that your sewer line is cracked, and a damaged pipe allows them to get into your home from the sewer main.
- Foundation or wall cracking. Though this is a very extreme sign of a sewer line problem, it is also a very clear indicator that you need either sewer line repair or complete replacement.
Can I DIY a Sewer Line Repair?
Unfortunately, no—not even a little bit! Sewer line repair is an extensive job, and one that requires a large number of industry-specific tools, as well as considerable specialized training. Digging around your yard for any reason is something to be wary of in the first place, and doing it around your plumbing systems is doubly risky.
A single misstep or shovel gone afoul could mean extensive professional plumbing contractor work. All in all, it’s just prohibitively expensive to try to do it yourself, and it would also take tons of time—potentially even weeks—without a professional’s experience.
Contact Lighten Up for Sewer Line Repair in Fort Collins
Our plumbing experts know how frustrating and difficult problems with a sewer main can be. That’s why we offer prompt, precise services, and why our team offers the cutting-edge in technology and techniques in order to meet your sewer line repair needs.
Call Lighten Up Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric to learn more or to schedule a consultation today!