Think about the the drains in your kitchen and bathroom for a moment. They are often under heavy strain, being used many times daily to wash away the day’s dirt and grime. These drains all connect to the sewer system so if they become clogged, they can drag your whole plumbing system to a halt. Kitchen and bath drains can commonly become clogged due to a variety of items that you should be aware of. If you are experiencing the following, your drain is likely clogged:
- Frequent need to plunge the toilet
- Slow draining sink
- Backup into the sink when the dishwasher is running
- Water collecting in the tub during a shower
- Non-flushing toilet
- A sink that will not drain at all
- Foul smell coming from the drain
Common Kitchen and Bath Drain Clogs
- Soap scum
- Sanitary items
- Paper products
These items may enter the drain through normal use, or in the case of toys, through the unobserved play of a child. In addition, as time goes by the normal items that move through your drains may become stuck to the walls of the drain, causing a buildup.
Kitchen and Bath Drain Cleaning Features
- The first step to removing a clog is the use of a drain snake, this tool help drain any standing water and allows us to have the proper access to the drains.
- We will then use a drain camera to see the severity and make-up of the clog.
- Next, we use hydro-jetting to clean the drains of our customers. This high-pressure water jet system can remove almost any item that may be clogging your drain and breaks it up in pieces small enough to wash through the sewer. Hydro-jetting is the only method that truly cleans both the clog and the buildup.
Kitchen and Bath Drain Cleaning Benefits
While some homeowners may reach for a commercial drain cleaner, these often do more harm than good. The caustic chemicals can damage your pipes, ruin the finish of the drains and lead to more problems in the future. Hydro-jetting will clean the entire drain system and prevent further drain clogs from developing through normal use.
Don’t let clogged kitchen and bath drains slow down your household. Call the drain cleaning experts at Lighten Up Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric and get your pipes running like new again!