Natural gas is the cleanest, most affordable, most versatile, and most readily available way to fuel your home’s appliances. Whether you are looking into installing a new gas line in your home or already have one and simply need more fixtures to accommodate more appliances, you will want to call in one of our natural gas installation and service experts.
Gas for Your Appliances
Gas, both natural and propane, is a great way to run several of the most used appliances in our homes. There are many appliances that can run on gas, including:
- Water Heaters
- Refrigerators and Freezers
Even though gas is convenient and safe once set up, it requires skilled and experienced contractors to install and incorporate natural gas into a home. If you’re looking for gas line installation, home gas line repair, or any other gas pipe service, the professionals at Lighten Up Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, and Electric can provide superior and precise service.
Trust the experts at Lighten Up for all of your gas line service needs near the Fort Collins area. Contact us online to schedule service, or call 970.230.3100 to connect with our team now!
Gas Line Installation & Service
Our gas line plumbers make the process of choosing, laying, and integrating new gas lines or extensions in your Colorado home easy. We can work with you to meet your needs, developing an effective strategy and offering swift, precise, and safe access to natural or propane gas in your home.
Emergency Gas Line Repair Service from Lighten Up
Complications with a gas line are far more than just frustrating or inconvenient. They can be extremely unsafe! If you notice an issue—or even suspect one—with your gas line, evacuate your home and contact the fire department and your gas utility supplier.
Common indications that you may have a gas line leak or problem include:
- A sulfurous or “rotten egg” odor in your home
- A hissing sound near gas lines or gas appliances
- You’re experiencing symptoms of natural gas exposure
Once things are settled, you can call on our gas plumbers right away. We can provide swift and precise repair, helping to restore your access and provide a safe means of resolution.
Call 970.230.3100 for emergency gas line repair near Fort Collins.
Benefits of Natural or Propane Gas
Running an appliance on gas instead of electricity or oil has many benefits:
- It’s clean: Gas is the cleanest burning of fossil fuels.
- It’s affordable: Gas is generally 20% to 30% cheaper than their oil and electric counterparts.
- It’s versatile: Gas has many possible applications in the home and won’t stop working when the power goes out.
- It’s effective: Gas provides enhanced heating comfort and better temperature control.
Commonly Asked Questions About Gas Line Service
- Can a plumber install a gas line? Technically, what you’re looking for is referred to as a “gas plumber,” many, if not most, plumbing contractors these days are certified for gas line repair and gas line installation. Do make sure to check your chosen contractor’s certifications for this!
- How do you extend a gas line? By contacting a licensed gas plumber! Gas lines can be very dangerous and are not something you should attempt to DIY.
- How much does it cost to repair a gas line? How a plumber prices for gas line installation or repair may differ from contractor to contractor. Some charge by cost per foot, though more commonly, the cost comes from parts and total labor time.
- What pipe can be used for natural gas? Steel piping and copper are the most common materials used, though polyethylene is frequently chosen for outdoor gas lines buried underground.
Propane Gas & Natural Gas Services near Fort Collins
When properly integrated and maintained, natural gas and propane systems can offer a homeowner one of the most convenient and affordable fuel solutions around. Lighten Up can help you get the systems and services you need, so simply contact us when you need a gas plumber you can rely on.
Reach out to Lighten Up online to get started, or call 970.230.3100 for gas line services in Northern Colorado!