Drain backups are one of the most toughest aspects of home ownership in Fort Collins. One day your drains could be running fine and the next, you’ve suddenly got excess water or raw sewage backing up into your home’s drains, overflowing toilets and tubs or flooding your basement. At Lighten Up Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric, we know a backed up drain that goes unnoticed or unrepaired can do a real number on your home, inflicting thousands of dollars in damage to your floors, walls, furniture carpeting and electrical systems, as well as posing a serious health risk to your home’s occupants.
Types of Drain Backups
- Main drain backups: When your main drain backs up, the first warning signs will typically appear in the toilet, bathtub or shower because these fixtures are located in the lower sections of your home.
- Kitchen drain backups: Most kitchen drain backups are caused by grease clogs. This grease is a byproduct of a variety of different substances moving through your drains. Even soapy water can produce enough grease or sludge to cause a drain backup.
- Toilet backups: Toilet backups can often be caused by certain materials (toilet paper, sanitary products, etc.) being flushed in large amounts.
- Shower/tub backups: 99% of these backups can be attributed to hair build-up in your drains.
Drain Backup Solutions
- Camera inspection: During a video inspection, a special camera is introduced into the backed up drain. This way, our technicians can visually detect the source of your frustrating backup.
- Drain snake: Our state-of-art drain snake enters the backed up drain with a powerful, rotating motion. This allows the snake to “corkscrew” through the backup itself. The back end of the snake finishes the job, breaking up the substance, scraping accumulated matter off the pipe interior and allowing it to pass completely through the drain.
- Water jetting: Our high-tech water jets can cut through any drain backup. Our water jetting experts always choose the appropriate water pressure for your home’s plumbing, taking into account the size and material of the pipes so no damage is done to your drain system.
Drain backups will become a nightmare if neglected. Don’t let it happen to you—call the drain backup experts at Lighten Up Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric today!