Toilet repair is one of the most important plumbing services you can seek this winter. Let’s face it: no homeowner wants to deal with a toilet clog. It’s messy, gross, and altogether unsanitary. It’s especially unsanitary if that clog leads to an overflow, which can send plenty of water and who knows what else onto the surrounding area. It may also bring serious water damage to flooring and cost you thousands of dollars just to have it restored. These problems will already cost you a significant amount of money on water damage restoration service, but there’s more. If toilet clogs persist long enough, it may result in problems including: repair or replacement costs to flooring, repairs to drain and sewer lines, higher water bills, etc. What makes repairing your toilet an even more urgent matter is that the average number of toilets in homes across the United States is increasing. The majority of homes today now feature more than one bathroom, meaning you could potentially risk having to deal with multiple clogs all at once. This will be an incredibly stressful situation, and one that requires emergency plumbing repair. Fortunately, it is possible to avoid it, and all it really takes is a few simple steps to ensure your toilet is working to the best of its abilities.
Calling Lighten Up for High-Quality Service
If your toilet is giving you trouble, it’s time to call Lighten Up for service. We have a team of plumbers who can bail you out of trouble in no time, eliminating any toilet clog before it turns into something disastrous. We offer a wide range of drain cleaning solutions designed to make those clogs a distant memory. Even better, we’ll show you how to avoid toilet clogs in the future. Our plumbers have been dealing with toilets in homes across the local area for years, and it’s that experience lending itself greatly toward giving homeowners on how they can avoid making one huge mess. With our help, you can expect a long-lasting, highly efficient toilet in your home that will remain clog-free. You will be able to relax so much more in your home when you have a toilet that won’t clog or overflow any time someone flushes it. You will also save money on utility bills, especially since you won’t have to make another call for toilet repair in the years to come.
How Can You Avoid Toilet Repair?
While calling a licensed plumber to perform drain cleaning is ideal, you don’t necessarily need a license or years of experience in the plumbing field to avoid toilet clogs. It can be as easy as these 5 helpful tips:
- Keep an Alternate Garbage Disposal in the Bathroom: Always keep an alternate method of disposal in the bathroom. The easiest way to do it is by adding a trash can to your bathroom, which will prevent future toilet clogs by giving an occupants a place to discard any materials that would have otherwise gone down the toilet.
- Keep Surfaces Clear: Many clogged toilets also result from accidents where an object is knocked into the toilet accidentally, which will be more likely to happen when any nearby counters or over-the-toilet shelving are too crowded with objects like bottles and cosmetics. These areas should be kept clear to prevent such a situation.
- Learn to Plunge Properly: Every homeowner should know to have a plunger in the bathroom. It will prove an incredibly helpful for any last-minute clogs. But do you know how to use it correctly? If you don’t, please follow these steps: insert the plunger into the bowl, position the plunger over the drainage hole, and plunge vigorously. Once the water levels go down, that’s when you know the clog has gone down.
- Flush Twice, When Necessary: You should always flush a second time if waste isn’t going down after the first flush. However, if you have to flush a second time more often, it’s means for concern. It could indicate a serious problem with the toilet requiring the attention. Even worse, multiple flushes are a waste of water, and you may be in for an unpleasant surprise when your next water bill arrives in the mail.
- Know When to Call Lighten Up: When in doubt, leave it up to the pros. Some homeowners will try to fix problems out of their depth, and will instead result in them bringing more damage to the toilet bowl in the process. If there is a problem with your toilet you can’t handle, please call Lighten Up. We’ll have one of our licensed plumbers inspect the problem and fix it.
Avoid The Inconvenience Of An Unusable Toilet – Schedule A Toilet Repair Today
Contact Lighten Up today if you want to learn more on how you can avoid the perils of clogs thanks to our high-quality toilet repair!