Why You Need a Tankless Water Heater
When was the last time you thought about your water heater? Since it’s now at the top of your mind, think about this: Do you always have inconsistent water temperature? Is your current water heater old and corroded? Has it sprung a leak?
If your answer is yes to any of those questions, then it’s time to consider replacing – and upgrading! Replacing your current water heater with a tankless could be the best thing you do all year, and here’s why.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
- Energy efficiency: Tankless water heaters are 95% efficient, meaning 95% of their energy goes to heating your water. Conventional systems reach only about 75%.
- Space savings: Mount your travel suitcase-sized tankless on the wall to free up additional space in your home.
- Endless hot water: You will never have to wait for the water to heat up in the storage tank because, well, they’re tankless! You just get the water when you need it.
- No leaks or flooding: Because there’s no tank, you won’t have to worry about any cracks or leaks.
- Great for resale: Viewed as modern conveniences, tankless water heaters can significantly increase the value of your home at the time of resale.
- No sediment: Sediment often builds up in the tanked portion of a conventional water heater, so without a tank you won’t experience this problem. Good, too because sediment is a common cause of water heater failure.
- Consistent temperatures: Water passes over a heating element before it reaches the hot water tap, so you can be sure that you will always receive water at the temperature you desire.
- Longer lifespan: In most cases, your tankless water heater will last you 20 years or more. In comparison, a conventional system will typically not last more than 12.
- Return on your investment: Tankless water heaters are definitely a wise investment. Though their initial cost might shy you away, keep in mind what you will end up saving. It’s estimated that over the course of its life, you will save $1700 in energy costs alone. That’s not including the lower water bill, or the money you will save from not having to replace your tanked system.
Still not sure? Contact the Lighten Up Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric office today to learn more about tankless water heaters or to schedule an in-home consultation!