Although it is not totally uncommon for complications in your sewer line to begin developing, actually figuring out the cause of these issues is a very different matter. Because not every sewer line complication requires replacement work, the more you know, the better your decisions will be.
Included below is a list of a few of the most common causes for sewer replacement:
- Compromised Pipes: Broken, cracked or collapsed pipes are often the result of shifting soil, frozen ground or settling among other possible causes.
- Corroded or Rusted Pipes: Corrosion of a pipe that is older that caused the pipe to break apart of collapse.
- Bellied Pipes: Bellied pipes occur where a section of the pipe has sunk as a result of ground or soil conditions, resulting in a low spot in the line where paper and waste collect and cause reoccurring blockages.
- Leaking Pipes: Leaking joints where the seals between pipe sections have broken can allow water and sewer to escape.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots are arguably the biggest enemy when it comes to pipe repair work. An excessive amount of tree roots can clog up your sewer line, making it so that the roots cannot be cleared simply by using a cable machine.
At Lighten Up Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric, we make it a point to get together as much information as possible before we perform a job. We use a special, in-line video inspection camera to not just identify the problem at hand, but also to track down its exact location. The camera allows our plumbing experts to get their eyes on the real source of the issue, and then we proceed to take the best course of action.
No matter what your sewer-related problem is, Lighten Up Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric can handle the issue! Get in touch with us today!