Multiple Drain Backups Usually Caused by Sewer Line Clog
If you think having one drain backup in your home or business is bad, imagine if you had multiple ones? Unfortunately, this can happen and, if it does, it typically means you have a sewer line clog on your hands.
When sewage and other materials are backing up, it makes for an unsanitary and messy environment. In addition, you won’t be able to use any of your plumbing fixtures, so it puts a huge inconvenience on everyone.
It’s important to know if what’s causing your multiple drain backup is actually a sewer line clog or if it’s something else. When you call Lighten Up Electrical & Plumbing to check it out, we’ll of course do a full inspection and determine the exact cause. But, if you want to be one step ahead, there are some tell-tale signs to look for to know if it is a sewer problem.
Signs of a Sewer Line Clog
- If the drains in your home or business are slow to drain, gurgling, or if they smell of sewage.
- If you notice any blockages in your sewer drain clean-out, or if you see any water coming out of it.
- If sewer water is backing up through a basement, crawl space, or driveway drain when you flush your toilet.
- If all of the toilets in your home or business are unusable.
- If you see bubbles in the toilet when you run the sink.
- If you notice any strange reactions when you use plumbing fixtures, like water coming up through the tub drain when you flush the toilet.
- If there are multiple fixtures on your property that are not draining properly.
- When you run the washing machine, if soapy water comes up into the bathtub or toilet drain.
Do any of these sounds familiar? If so, give Lighten Up a call. We will come out with our state-of-the-art equipment and get to the bottom of your drain backups as soon as we can. Don’t live through the mess these household nightmares cause – just call us today to get it cleaned up!