A licensed electrician should be the first person you contact when you have faulty outlets, troublesome circuit breaker panels, flickering lights, and more. Only one problem: how do you know they’re legit? After all, you wouldn’t just hire any random electrician, would you? Of course not. That’s not to say there aren’t plenty of good electricians out there, mind you. It’s just that you need to make sure you find the right person for the job. There are a few scam services out there who are looking to see how much money they can take from you as opposed to providing high-quality service. Several homeowners each year fall victim to a scam service, and you certainly don’t want to be one of them. Not only will you be wasting money on second-rate service, you’ll also potentially be putting your safety at risk. Having an under-qualified electrician on the job may result in even more damage to your electricity that will put your home at greater risk of experiencing an electrical fire. With that in mind, it doesn’t hurt to ask questions before you hire. It can mean a world of difference in the quality of service you receive!
Why You Should Call Lighten Up
Fortunately, if you’re looking for electrical service you can depend on, you can refer to Lighten Up. We have a licensed electrician ready to help you for any of your needs. Our technicians are fully-trained to provide exceptional service that will make us your first choice for any electrical troubles. Hiring the wrong electrician can lead to a world of trouble. An inexperienced or unlicensed contractor may provide faulty electrical installation or repair work that makes replacement or further repairs necessary. But you won’t experience such a dilemma with our team! Thanks to our reliable service, you will be able to save so much more on future service bills that otherwise would’ve been an inevitability with a lesser electrician. More importantly, you will be able to keep your home safe thanks to repairs that will work to avoid the chances of you experiencing an electrical fire. Once you know your family is being kept safe, you can expect to relax so much more. Reliable electrical service is the best way to guarantee a better peace of mind.
What Should You Be Asking?
There are all sorts of questions you could ask an electrician before you decide if they’re the right person for the job, but make these 5 absolutely essential:
- Are you licensed? First and foremost, you want to make sure the contractor has a valid electrical contractor’s license. This shows that the electrician has the necessary education and training to perform quality work as they are being held to high standards required to become a licensed professional. You absolutely shouldn’t hire any electrician who isn’t licensed.
- How many years of experience do you have? Though education is certainly important, experience is something that you need to look for when hiring a licensed electrician you can count on. Experienced professionals not only know how to provide effective solutions, but they also recognize the importance of customer service. They will also know how to conduct work safely.
- Are you insured? In addition to a license, you want to make sure that the electrician has bonding and insurance given the high liability for this type of work. There are many risks to hiring an unlicensed electrician, including faulty work. Though insurance does not necessarily guarantee un-faulty work, an uninsured contractor will be less likely to pay for any damage to your home caused by their work.
- What are your service fees? Ask about all of the fees involved in the project before you choose a contractor. You don’t want to end up with any surprise expenses when the time for payment arrives. Before service begins, ask for a detailed cost estimate that includes all service fees and incidental costs.
- May I see work in progress? Depending on the nature and extent of your project, you may want to ask the contractor if you can see a work in progress at a current job so you can get a better understanding of their process. Rarely are you able to actually see an electrician’s work since it is mostly behind-the-scenes. But if the electrician doesn’t really doesn’t want you to look, then it may be time to seek work elsewhere. It may indicate they’re hiding something from you.
Once you start asking the right questions to find the right electrician for your home needs, you can enjoy quick and accurate installation as well as effective and durable repairs. Like the old saying goes, there’s no such thing as a bad question!
Contact Lighten Up today if you want dependable, highly service from our licensed electrician!