A question many homeowners want an answer to is, “How can I tell if I need generator repair in Fort Collins?” And that’s totally understandable, since generators are complex machines that require considerable knowledge to maintain.
You Need Generator Repair in Fort Collins If…
Since you rely on your generator to provide your home with power in the event the grid goes down due to a storm or other event, it’s essential that you keep it in good working order. The following signs indicate you need to call a mechanic for generator repair:
- The generator has issues starting up. An empty battery, broken parts, and general wear and tear can cause your appliance to start up much slower than it should, or not at all.
- There’s visible exterior damage. If you see loose parts, dents, scratches or other signs of damage, the appliance will need repairing before you use it again.
- The generator is leaking. Damage or wear and tear can cause leaks, for example in the fuel, oil or coolant lines or containers. This can be extremely dangerous and needs repairing right away.
- Alerts in diagnostics. Most generators run weekly self-tests that diagnose any issues. If you get an alert that something’s wrong, you should definitely pay attention.
- The generator hasn’t been maintained in a long time. Ideally, you should have your generator tuned up at least once a year; preferably every six months. If your last maintenance visit has been more than half a year ago, then you’re best advised to schedule a tune-up.
Call Lighten Up for Top-Rated Generator Repair in Fort Collins
To make sure you get reliable and affordable generator repair in Fort Collins, call Lighten Up. We have more than 25 years of experience providing top-notch services to homeowners in the Fort Collins area, and people rely on us to help them with all things related to their home’s electricity systems. We even have a 24/7 emergency service, so you’re never left in the dark. So if you find yourself in need of generator repair in Fort Collins, call Lighten Up!