Generator installation in Fort Collins is absolutely necessary if you want to ensure a steady flow of electric power in your home for all appliances. But before you go ahead and install any old generator, you need to be careful in your selection. After all, the last thing you want is a generator that can’t quite meet your electrical demands and leave some appliances go without power. You need to take installation into deep consideration before you pay money for a generator that you may not even need.
Fortunately, the team at Lighten Up is here to provide you with assistance for your next generator installation in Fort Collins. While it’s easy to get caught up in the installation process, our team will help you step by step to ensure you’re getting a new generator that can fit in perfectly with your home. When you enlist the help of Lighten Up, you’re guaranteed stronger electrical power for computers, refrigerators, and more!
Questions to Ask Before Generator Installation
When you need generator installation, it’s important to ask yourself these 5 questions before settling on a purchase:
- What is the difference between portable and standby generators? Standby generators are permanently installed outside the home and turn on automatically when the power shuts off. Portable generators can move from location to location and need to be turned on manually. In addition, standby models needs to be hooked to a gas line compared to portable generator need to be fueled with gas every few hours.
- How can I determine pricing? The average generator can cost you upwards of $10,000 to purchase and install. One of the most cost-efficient brands of generator on the market is Generac, which can start at a cost of $1,899. Please remember higher price does not necessarily equal higher quality, and it’s important to think about generator installation in terms of what can fit within your budget.
- What are the fueling options? Propane and natural gas are your two main types of generator fuel. Natural gas is more commonly used for standby generators and the easiest to use for homeowners who already have a gas line in their home. Portable generators will need to 4 to 8 20lb propane tanks for fueling.
- How can you find the right warranty? Having a great, working generator is one thing, but you need also need a great warranty to go alongside it that has your back covered. If you encounter a service company that will shy away from talks of warranties, you may be better off seeking a more trustworthy service.
- How can you find the right generator service? Conducting online research and looking at customer reviews will give you a good idea of what service companies are reliable or, in some cases, unreliable. Check a service company’s main site to see if they offer the generator installation you need. Also ask family or friends for any referrals on any generator service.
Contact Lighten Up today for generator installation in Fort Collins and of course, consider before you purchase!