Towns in Colorado aren’t well known for their summers, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t get hot! In Windsor, your family may enjoy the many fun, family activities happening at Boardwalk Park during the summertime. You guys will work up a sweat and at the end of the day, you’ll want to come home to a nice, air-conditioned home. So to keep the good times going in the summer, as a homeowner, you need to be aware of your AC repair options in Windsor.
At Lighten Up, our focus is to optimize your AC system to the best of our ability using all our years of professional air conditioning knowledge. We provide you with all the AC repair service you need in Windsor. We’d also like to give you some helpful tips below to guide you in recognizing when your AC needs a repair. Staying on top of your AC system could save you from dishing out some major cash in the future.
1. Your Air Conditioner Isn’t Generating Air Even Remotely Close to Cool:
- Double check that your AC unit isn’t just on the “Fan” setting. Sometimes the easiest fixes are right in front of us.
- Take a lap around your home to make sure all the windows and doors are shut.
- Hunt for clogs in your AC’s filter and clean them out.
- Go outside and make sure there are no obstructions blocking your air conditioner. AC units require 3 feet of clearance in order to produce efficient air flow.
- Don’t be ashamed to check the outlet to see if the plug came loose or fell out. It will be the easiest repair job you’ll ever do.
- Check your fuse boxes or circuit breakers for any damages or malfunctions.
- Trying plugging your air conditioner into another outlet that supports the same amount of voltage.
- Old and torn up power cords. If these are part of your AC system, give our insured, AC experts a call right away because they pose serious fire hazards and must be replaced properly.
- Frosting on your condenser coils. Again, with everybody’ safety in mind, it’s best to let our AC professionals know if you see this happening and we’ll take care of it properly.
- Strange buzzing noises could indicate that your fan motor needs to be replaced.
2. Your AC Has Totally Shut Down:
3. Common Maintenance Can Reveal Simple Repairs Before Complicated Problems Occur
Get in touch with our AC professionals at Lighten Up for all of your AC repair services in Windsor!