Your heating systems needs to be fully prepared for the New Year, especially some of the coldest weather of the year soon to arrive. With 2017 on the horizon, making sure your heating needs are met is vital. After all, there are plenty of things that can go wrong if you don’t properly prepare for heating emergencies. Besides poor system efficiency that can lead to higher costs on energy bills, you may also experience hot and cold spots throughout the house that will throw off the balance of heat in your home. Without repairs or upgrades, you also risk frequent system breakdowns that will see you spend more money on service later in year. Worst of all, you will be putting your home at risk for safety hazards including home heating fires and carbon monoxide exposure. Your furnace’s level of efficiency may decline so much without proper maintenance that you will have to seek furnace replacement, which will cost you thousands of dollars. Before you experience any of these issues, however, you should include your heating system in your list of New Year’s resolutions. Even if you think resolutions are unnecessary, establishing a few goals with home-heating will benefit you in the long-term, and ensure your 2017 isn’t brought down with stress.
How Can Lighten Help You This Season?
Fortunately, the team at Lighten Up is here to make sure you live out those resolutions by providing you with high-quality heating service. As far as we’re concerned, having an effective heating system is great, but it’s entirely another to have a heating system working that will both look out for your safety and help you save money on energy bills. Our services aim to improve heating in your home regardless if you need repair, replacement, and installation. Even if it’s just a matter of a few quick fixes, you can count us to pull through in making quick, durable repairs. With our help, you will experience a wide range of benefits including: reduced spending on energy bills due to improved system efficiency, longer system lifespan, and perhaps best of all, an avoidance of home heating hazards. You will also eliminate any hot and cold spots thanks to service ensuring an even distribution of heat. You will be able to relax in your home so much more throughout the winter, especially when you know your family’s comfort is 100% guaranteed. A better peace of mind this winter begins with a phone call our way!
The 5 Heating System Resolutions You Need to Make
In addition to excellent service provided by our licensed heating contractors, you should also be making yourself a list of promises you’ll keep in regards to your heating system for 2017. While the list of resolutions will vary from homeowner to homeowner, these 5 should definitely be included:
- I will change furnace filters monthly: Allergens can build up quickly within your heating system, usually when filters become blocked by dust and other debris. You should get into the habit of changing these filters monthly to avoid these allergens from spreading across your home. It will also ensure air flow from the furnace remains consistent and preserves the efficiency of your system so you are not spending more money on energy bills.
- I will protect myself against carbon monoxide: If your heating system begins leaking harmful gasses once it malfunctions, you need to make sure your home is protected. The best way to do so is by installing a carbon monoxide detector, which will alert of carbon monoxide’s presence immediately. When you consider the consequences of carbon monoxide exposure can be fatal, installing a detector will be the best method of protection against an invisible killer.
- I will keep a safe distance from the heating system: Always stay at least a few feet away from your heating system when it’s running to avoid sustaining any injuries. Since furnaces are usually located in the basement, there is a good chance your furnace is surrounded by clutter, which can be dangerous if any of it is flammable. All it can take is one small spark from the furnace to create a huge fire, so it’s best to keep the area as clear as possible.
- I will install a programmable thermostat: Still using that old, standard thermostat? Well it’s time to replace the old with the new. You should consider installing a programmable thermostat instead. It will give you greater control over how much heat you’re getting in your home, allowing you to set the temperature at your liking and ensuring your furnace doesn’t produce more heat than necessary.
- I will call Lighten Up for an annual furnace tune-up: You should be calling for a furnace tune-up once a year from Lighten Up. One of our heating contractors can give your heating system the proper inspection it deserves and ensure even the smallest problems within the system are fixed. It’s the best way to ensure your heating needs are met for at least the next 12 months.
Enjoy The Warmth Your Heating System Provides – Schedule A Tune-Up Service Today
Contact Lighten Up today if you want to ensure a comfortable winter by getting service work on your heating system!