When the temperature drops and the snow starts to fall, you need to be confident that your furnace won’t let you down. For over 25 years, Lighten Up has provided Colorado homeowners with unbeatable electrical and plumbing services, but their expertise doesn’t end there. Their technicians are also trained in furnace replacement in Fort Collins, and they want to use their experience to help you and your furnace make it through the winter. Be on the look-out for these warning signs that mean your furnace has reached its limit.
- Uneven Heating: If you’re nice and toasty while relaxing in your living room but find yourself shivering when you walk into your bedroom, that’s a sign that your furnace is reaching the end of its lifespan. Your furnace was built to distribute warm air evenly throughout your property, and if it’s not doing that, there is most likely a costly reason behind the problem.
- Unusually High Energy Bills: An inefficient furnace is a likely culprit for steadily rising energy bills. If you’ve noticed that your bills are higher but you haven’t changed your furnace settings or increased your electrical use, it means that your furnace is having to work harder than it used to. The money that a new furnace will save in energy bills will make up for any initial installation costs.
- Strange Noises: A dying furnace often emits strange noises like bangs, pops, rattles, and squeals. You should also listen for when your blower turns on. Does it seem like it’s running excessively, or does it turn on and off frequently? These are all signs that it’s time for a replacement.
- Inaccurate Thermostat Readings: Your thermostat is telling you that it’s 75 degrees, but you’re wrapped in a blanket and still shivering. Yes, you might be coming down with a cold, but it’s more likely that your thermostat is lying to you. When it comes to heating your home, you need full control. When your furnace starts dying, the only way to regain control of your home’s temperature is to replace it.
- Unsatisfactory Heating: If you’re continually trying to adjust your furnace or relying on portable heaters or blankets to make you comfortable, your furnace simply isn’t doing its job. A new system will solve your problem, and the affordable rates from Lighten Up always make furnace replacement in Fort Collins a worthwhile investment.
Nothing lasts forever, and that includes your furnace. The typical furnace has a lifespan of 10-15 years, but if you start noticing any of these warning signs before then, it’s time to contact Lighten Up. Call them today to make an appointment for a furnace replacement in Fort Collins.