When it comes to water heater installation in Windsor, you want the best water heater for you and your family, but how do you know you’ve found the right one? The storage type of your water heater is the biggest factor to consider when replacing or upgrading water heating appliance. To be sure you get the type best suited for your home, make sure to first contact your local plumbing professionals!
Fortunately, Lighten Up is here for you every step of the way by providing quality water heater installation in Windsor. Our professionals will work with you in determining what water heater is perfect for your home in terms of space and heating demands. A water heater that fits in well with your home is exactly what you need to keep the whole family!
What are the Main Types of Water Heaters?
While it may seem confusing with all these new water heater models popping up on the market, here are 3 main types of water heating to consider:
- Conventional Water Heaters: This type has a 40 to 80 gallon storage tank for keeping water at a constant temperature – when you open a hot water faucet in your home, this water is immediately pumped to that location.
- Tankless Water Heaters: This type does not store water. Instead, they heat water on-demand in a series of coils, so you only spend energy heating water when you need it.
- Hybrid Water Heaters: This type combines both storage types into a single unit: the appliance keeps a small tank of water heated constantly for immediate use, but also heats water on-demand to save energy.
Compare and Contrast Each Water Heater Storage System
Each of the water heater storage types has a distinct list of pros and cons. To help you keep all of the information straight, we’ve arranged this list of which water heater systems belong in which types of houses.
- Large Household, 4+ Members – If your family is taking more than 4 combined showers in a single day, you’re going to want to go with a conventional water heater.
- Small Household, 1-2 Members – The compact size and high efficiency of tankless water heating makes it perfect for a smaller home with two occupants who aren’t home all day long. Tankless water heaters are easy to install and fit just about anywhere! And they last longer, too, making them easier on your wallet.
- Mid-size Home, 3-4 Members – Hybrid water heaters combine the energy efficiency of the tankless with the convenience of the tank-type – the 1 to 2 gallons of heated water is always there when you need it, and the on-demand water has you covered all day long.
Want to learn more about water heater storage and the difference it makes? A local plumber can help you with an in-home estimate. Call Lighten Up for your own consultation today!