Every time we have a major rain storm that knocks the power out, there are some homeowners who start kicking themselves for not having a generator. When you have no electricity, it’s easy to think of all of the things you’d be able to do if you did, and even easier to wish you’d had the foresight to invest in a Generac. But what about when the power isn’t out? When everything is working fine, most homeowners forget about generators entirely.
“Who needs a generator?” people subconsciously start to think, “Our power will never go out!” Which is pretty silly when you actually think about it.
That’s why we’ve written this blog: to remind you of 5 great reasons to invest in a generator before it’s too late! Now that Lighten Up is offering big sales, such as $500 off installation, there’s no disincentive to having a technician visit your home…only incentives for smart homeowners !
Why You Need a Generator for Your Home
Here are 5 things that happen when the power goes out in a Colorado home:
- Entertainment Systems Shut Off– This is frequently the first thing people notice. No TV, video games, phone chargers, etc. is a major annoyance, but it’s not the worst thing!
- Food is Wasted– No power means no fridge – and it’s never really possible to tell for how long. Given our hot climate, fruits, vegetables, milk, and other perishables spoil faster than they would up north. Whatever fresh foods you have and can’t eat fast enough will be wasted.
- Security Systems Go Down– When the power goes out, you also lose any security protection you have. Door alarms and security lights are immediately out, leaving your home vulnerable to burglary for the extent of the outage.
- Safety Features Lost– For elderly or disabled people, a power outage might dramatically affect how they can get around the home. Whether you have a stair lift or some other form of electric home transportation, they’ll no longer have access.
- Utilities Out– And finally, of course, the most obvious effect: a power outage means no lights! But do you really understand just how inconvenient it can be to not have light, air conditioning, or heating in your home for an indefinite period of time? Think about it. Wouldn’t it be nicer to be the one house in the neighborhood still up and running?
Check out some of the tremendous discounts available right now on our website, and call Lighten Up for service today!