Tankless Water Heater Services in Fort Collins
Are you the last one to use the shower every morning? If so, then you are probably used to only getting hot water sometimes. There’s an easier solution than having to rearrange your schedule and take showers at night: Just get a tankless!
Conventional vs. Tankless Water Heaters
There are two main differences between a tankless and a conventional water heater: energy efficiency and hot water delivery.
- Energy efficiency: Conventional systems burn fuel 24 hours a day, 7 days a week even when you aren’t home to use water! This not only wastes energy, but it wastes money – neither of which you should be losing. In contrast, tankless water heaters will only heat that water when you need it. As you turn on the tap, the cold water passes over a heating element and the water reaches your desired temperature. When the tap shuts off, so does the heater.
- Hot water delivery: We already established that the last person taking a shower in the morning usually gets hit the hardest with bouts of cold water entering the stream. This is what happens to a conventional water heater over time. As sediment builds up and the water heater ages, it starts to get less efficient. Because the water passes over a heating element with a tankless, you will never experience cold showers and you will always have hot water available.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heating
In addition to being a more energy efficient system that will save you money while supply endless hot water, you will also enjoy:
- Using less water. In fact, they can help you lower the amount of water you use by 20%.
- Reducing your carbon footprint by about 60%.
- Lower monthly energy bills.
- The added space. Tankless water heaters can be mounted on the wall, freeing up space in your bathroom, basement, or other rooms in your home where a bulky tank used to be.
To learn more about tankless water heaters, or to schedule an in-house consultation, contact Lighten Up Electrical & Plumbing today!